By Carmen Miller
It is possible to naturally darken your hair at home without any harsh chemicals or going to the salon. These methods you can use at home by yourself. They are all inexpensive and should cost no more than ten dollars. These methods are all natural so the damage done to your hair is minimal in comparison to using harsh chemicals.
Using coffee to darken hair
Coffee is a good way to darken your hair and this how you can do it.
- Brew some strong coffee
- Let it cool down
- Poor the coffee into a bowl
- In the sower wash your hair with the coffee a few times
- Rinse out the coffee
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner
- Towel dry dry your hair
This is pretty simple and you should see results pretty quickly. The coffee stains your hair and makes it darker. This only makes your hair a few shades darker so if you are trying to make a drastic change you are going to need to repeat the process a few times. Coffee can be used to darken all shades of hair but the best results are seen in light and medium shades of brown.
Using black tea to darken hair color
Black tea also has a staining affect on the hair. This is how to use black tea to color your hair.
- Brew a pot of some strong black tea
- Let it cool down
- Put into a bowl
- Rinse the black tea into your hair a few times
- Rinse on last time waiting ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing out completely
- Shampoo and condition your hair
- Towel dry your hair
This is a great way to darken your hair a few shades. This method does fade quickly so for the best results try repeating once a week for the best results.
walnuts used in hair coloring
Using black walnuts works really well. This is a great home made coloring technique even for blondes. This is how to use Black walnuts to darken your hair color.
- Crack Walnuts
- Put all the walnuts into a pot of water
- Boil the water and walnuts
- Reduce heat wait for the liquid to cool
- Poor the liquid into a strainer
- Separate the walnuts form the liquid
- Toss the walnuts
- Take the left over liquid and apply to your hair
- Leave in for thirty minutes
- Rinse out hair in the sink
- Shampoo and conditioner your hair as usual
- Towel dry hair
This technique is messier than most others but is very effective. Using black walnuts can darken your hair color drastically.
Using cocoa in hair coloring
cocoa is another wonderful all natural product that can be used to darken hair color. This is how to use cocoa to color your hair.
- Take a bottle of shampoo
- Remove half of the shampoo form the bottle
- Fill the rest of the bottle with cocoa
- Shake up the bottle so it is mixed well
- Use shampoo as often as usual
Cocoa will subtly darken your hair. The cocoa will bring out the natural deeper tones in your hair. This may not be the best method for those with very light hair color. This is great for light to medium brown hair colors. This method smells really good making it one of my favorite ones to use.
Using mustard seed oil to darken your hair color
Mustard seed oil is another natural method you can use. This is how to use mustard seed oil.
- Put mustard seed oil in your hair
- Let your hair dry overnight
- Rinse out in the morning
This is a great way to darken your hair gradually over time. Results will show slowly but no damage is done to your hair. Mustard seed oil does not smell that great so this is best done in the evenings. This works on all shades of hair.
Using sage to darken your hair color
Sage is a natural herb you can use to darken your hair. This method darkens hair a few shades but needs to be repeated once a week for the best results. This is how to use sage for hair coloring.
- Put about a cup of sage in a pot filled with water
- Let boil for a couple of hours
- Strain out the leaves
- Apply the water to your hair
- Leave in your hair for half an hour
- Wash your hair
- towel dry
This is a great way to darken your hair without causing a lot of damage. This technique is often used for grey hair.