Even by just looking at all the faces around us, we know that beauty comes in all different shapes, colors, and uniqueness. When talking about makeup, it also comes in many different prices. Whether you’re on a college budget like I am, a busy mom, or just don’t see the need to shell out all your money on pricey high-end makeup products (I’m with ya, sister), then this post is for you. These low-end beauty options can all be found at most drugstores, and more importantly, won’t break your bank. Enjoy!
- Eyeliner. I’ve gone back and forth throughout the years between pencil eyeliners and liquid ones, but I found my niche: gel eyeliner. My favorite in particular is the Loreal Infallible Lacquer Liner. It goes on smoothly, and it never smudges or fades, even after wearing it all day. And because it has to be applied with an angled brush, it’s easier to control when applying.
- Mascara. While mascara preference does tend do be a personal thing for everyone, I really haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love the CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume formula. Because of it’s big brush, it really thickens even the tiniest of lashes. Even my mother, who used the same mascara for years, got hooked on this gem. It’s that good.
- BB Cream. I can’t even begin to tell you how many foundations I’ve tried in my life, and how much they never worked for me. Luckily, I went a different route and tried the Garnier BB Cream and never looked back. It comes in different formulas based on your skin type, and comes in different shades, so everyone should be able to give this a try. It has a built in sunscreen to combat these summer days, has great coverage to even out your skin, and is so light! It can be applied with just your fingers. What’s not to love?
- Concealer. I really don’t think I could rave about this product enough. If you are looking for a heavy duty concealer that gets the job done, then the Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer is for you. Even when I had a face full of acne, no one could really tell because this stuff covers just about everything: no lie. But warning: a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. It has a pretty thick consistency, so this is probably not a good option for an under eye concealer or to cover up light imperfections.
- Powder. Just like with BB creams, I’ve tried slews of face powders, and none worked except for this one: The True Match Super-Blendable Powder by Loreal is a dream. It’s light, never looks too powdery or cakey, and comes in a ton of shades in cool, medium, and neutral tones so that every woman can find her match. Especially in this summer heat, this powder is a definite must-have.
- Lip Color. If you are looking for a great new lip product, then you need to try the Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain. The colors range from nudes to hot pinks to reds. Obviously in the name, these balm stains go on and feel like you are only wearing a lip balm but stay on for, in my experience, quite a few hours. The new formulas now come in matte and lacquer textures, so you now have tons of options with this product. So slather it on, and never worry about it budging on you!